Resources and contacts for specific strategic approaches.
- Community-based Social Marketing. This is the site for
Fostering Sustainable Behavior by Doug McKenzie-Mohr Associates in New Brunswick, Canada. It includes a wealth of research, applications, case studies, and more on social marketing.
- Tools of Change. This is the social marketing “how to” site of Cullbridge Marketing and Communications in Ontario.
- Vanguard Communications. This is one the best firms in the U.S. for social marketing applications related to environmental issues.
- The Frameworks Institute. This is a good source for theory, applications, case studies, and scholarship on framing. Great resources for nonprofits can be downloaded for free. We highly recommend The Frameworks Toolkit ( 182 KB pdf), especially the check list on pages 33 and 34.
- Cultural Logic. This firm uses cultural frames and cognition to shape strategies for social change. The site includes information on current and recent research and projects.
- Rockridge Institute. This is George Lakoff's consulting firm. The site includes articles by Lakoff, downloadable resources, and current information on frames in our culture.
- Biodiversity Project. Biodiversity Project has a number of publications, message kits, and power point presentations that cover values-based communications. Message kits on community biodiversity, sprawl, and eastern forests can be found in the Publications section. Power points can be requested from current staff.
- The Jossey-Bass Guide to Strategic Communications for Nonprofits, by Kathy Bonk, Henry Griggs, Emily Tynes covers values-based communications.
- Belden Russonello & Stewart. Belden Russonello & Stewart is a leading public opinion research and communications firm that specializes in values-based communications.
- smartMeme. This creative team of activists and strategists uses values-based communications and a unique story telling or narrative approach for communications campaigns.